Student Ambassadors are students carefully selected by coaches at the end of the tournament season and have an active mandate of 1 year. Their responsibilities include helping coaches with logistics in terms of attending tournaments, being leaders within their BEST teams, and working on a series of projects dedicated to improving their community.
Selection process for 2017-2018 Student Ambassadors is outlined on this page.
Timeline (deadline for nomination – May 26)
- Coaches nominate 2 SAs to represent their team during the 2017-2018 tournament season – by May 26.
- SA selection is autonomous and entirely at the coach’s discretion. It can be conducted in a number of ways such as: voting within the team, a structured application process, or directly nominated by coaches.
- After the coach has made their selection, they must nominate their selected SAs with an e-mail to BEST (email@example.com). The e-mail must include the students’ names, grades, e-mails, as well as a reference letter from the coach explaining why they have selected those exact two students.
- When we receive the nominations from the coach we will contact them and the students with their first assignment – a survey so we can gauge the SAs’ commitment and motivation for the program during the upcoming year.
- Students must be in grades 9 through 12 during the upcoming 2017-2018 tournament season.
- Students should have participated in at least one BEST tournament to date.
- We recommend that you pick students who have not been SAs previously, but understand that finding suitable students might be difficult, so it is allowed for a student to have been an Ambassador over a previous tournament season
Desirable SA qualities
- Hard-working, devoted, committed
- Responsible, proactive, willing to lead and be held accountable
- Motivation to work for their local community and the global BEST community
- Vivid interest in BEST outside tournament activities
- Creative, organized, adept at problem-solving
- Willing to commit to multiple projects throughout the year
We’re looking forward to receiving coaches’ nominations until the deadline on May 26!