NOTE: Your school may already be listed on Speechwire as having a team. If this is the case, please email email@example.com with your name, your school name, and your email address to have your school’s account turned over to you.
Team registration is not complete until teams have done the following:
- Filled in the following information on Speechwire. Please press SAVE after each edit, and make sure there are no accidental blanks:
- Student names (in English, only first and last names needed),
- Correct events
- Correct division (Novice or Varsity)
- Titles, authors, and ISBN/ISSN/ASINs for Prose, Poetry, and Duo pieces, and titles for Oratories in “Piece Registration.” Pieces for Duo, Prose, and Poetry must come from a work with an ISBN, ASIN, ISSN or from one of these approved websites. NB: ISBN, ASIN, or ISSN information, or appropriate links for Poetry and Prose pieces must be ready by tournament in case of challenges from other teams.
Watch this video tutorial for help with Speechwire registration. It walks you through how to register up until the step where you need to register piece titles, authors, and codes – don’t forget to do this, as well!
- Added names of school-affiliated judges to the Judge Sign-Up Form and to the team roster spreadsheet. These forms can be found on the appropriate regional tournament portal for your tournament (located at the top in the BEST Tournaments dropdown menu on the website). Teams must bring 1 judge for every 10 students.
- All registration fees can be paid via bank transfer using the faktura information below. We bank with UniCredit. If you use UniCredit to complete the transfer they will charge you a nominal fee; other banks may charge higher fees. After you complete the transfer, you must send us an email with a picture of your invoice and the following information in the subject line: school name, number of students, and amount of leva. All payments should be made in one amount, as a team. Individual payments for individual students will not be recognized. Faktura (Invoice) Information:
Organization name: BEST Bulgarian English Speech and Debate Tournament Foundation
Registration address: Bulgaria, 1504 Sofia, 1 Panayot Volov St. Floor 2
MOL: Rumyana Ognyanova Mihaylova
- Give hotel information to BEST via the form that is listed on the “Hotels” section of your appropriate tournament portal (see “Tournaments” drop-down menu). You must fill this out as this information is what we use to book hotel rooms for you and your team. In the form, you must give details regarding the number of male and female students you are bringing, as well as details about any accompanying adults affiliated with your team (male/female, judges, chaperones, coaches, bus drivers, etc.)
- Added all attending students and coaches to the team spreadsheet in the Google doc in English and Bulgarian (for purposes of certificates). This form can be found on your regional tournament page.
- If seeking financial aid: Completed the scholarship form and additional requirements, as outlined in our scholarships section.